The Safe Coverage Foundation Mission
The Antoine Bethea Safe Coverage Foundation is committed to providing access and resources for students to achieve their dreams of a higher education. We believe providing exposure opportunities, enrichment experiences and the tools needed to succeed, we can change communities, one child at a time.
The Safe Coverage Foundation offers many different programs for kids.
1. SAFE COVERAGE COLLEGE TOUR
looks to build a connection between innercity high school students and universities by exposing the teenagers to campus life through visits and meetings with college counselors and faculty. Fifty selected juniors and seniors from Newport News High Schools will tour George Mason University and Howard University in April 2012. Students are referred to the program from their high school guidance counselors.
2. SAFE COVERAGE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
will provide thirty laptops or iPads to high school seniors attending two or four year degree and/or certi!cation programs. Students must complete the online application, !nancial a”davit and a brief essay detailing their continuing education plans.
3. SAFE COVERAGE TICKETS FOR KIDS
provides twenty Indianapolis Colts home game tickets, meal vouchers and Antoine Bethea cinch bags for Indianapolis youth.
- May 2013 at Denbigh High School, Newport News, VA. This free Youth Football Camp Experience was opened to the !rst 200 kids ages 8-15 and will provide basic football fundamentals, lunch, awards, gift bags but most importantly the opportunity for Antoine and his NFL colleagues to mentor the youth throughout the football camp experience.
- June 2013 at Howard University, Washington D.C. This high school exposure camp will allow juniors/seniors the opportunity to work out for Division I/II football programs. Invited colleges include but are not limited to: Howard University, Morgan State University, Bowie State University, University of DC, and Shephard University. Participants are also required to take part in an onsite SAT “Prep Talk” and Life Skills session.
- June 2013 at Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana. Youth Football Camp Experience. Details TBD